You’ve traveled hours in the car with your excited and impatient kids for hours on end. You and your husband got in an argument “playing Tetris” trying to stuff all your family’s belongings into the back of the SUV. After seeing interstate for hours and waiting in toll booth traffic back-up, you finally arrive in paradise for your Alabama Beach Vacation!
You’ve got bottles of sunscreen and every beach toy known to mankind, but the one thing you didn’t plan for was rain at the beach. And while that can certainly put a damper on your vacation, don’t let the rain get you down. While there may not be sun, there’s still fun and plenty to do that will keep everyone entertained.
Here’s our list of 20 rainy day activities in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach:
- Burn off energy at the trampoline park – The Factory, Gulf Shores
- Go see a movie – AMC Classic in Orange Beach & CMX Cinemas in Gulf Shores
- Go to an Arcade – Fat Daddy’s in Orange Beach & The Track in Gulf Shores
- Take a Yoga Class from Glow Yoga
- See a play or performance – South Baldwin Community Theater or The Performing Arts Center in Orange Beach
- Go Shopping – Pelican Place in Gulf Shores, The Wharf Orange Beach, San Roc Cay Orange Beach, or Tanger Outlet Mall in Foley
- Play Indoor Dinosaur Mini Golf
- Play Laser Tag at Adventure Island
- Visit the Coastal Arts Center in Orange Beach
- Have a Splashin’ Good Time at the Indoor Water Park in Foley
- Check out a local museum – Orange Beach Indian & Sea Museum
- Go bowling – Gulf Bowl in Foley
- Try your luck at an escape room – Breakout Games in Orange Beach & XIT Escape Room in Gulf Shores
- Take an Art Class – Foley Art Center and Orange Beach Coastal Art Center (try the glass class at the Hot Shop!)
- Head to the library – The Orange Beach Public Library has weekly kids and teen programing
- Try your hand at axe throwing at Civil Axe Throwing in Orange Beach
- Checkout the Dinosaur attraction at The Wharf
- Take selfies at Cool Shots Selfie Museum in Orange Beach
- Take time to enjoy a sweet treat – Mo’ Bay Beignet Company in Orange Beach or Cowbell Rolled Ice Cream in Gulf Shores
- Create custom bath salts, oils, and other products at High Cotton Bath Company
The old saying is true, “A rainy day at the beach is better than a rainy day at home.” Make the best out of your time by checking out one of our recommendations, or simply stay at your vacation rental and play cards and boardgames. Some of the best memories are made during unexpected times!
If you try one of our recommendations, we’d love to see and hear about your experiences. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, & Pinterest. Make sure to tell them the Girls on the Gulf sent you!
Ginger & Crawford
Your go-to girls for food, fun, & sun on the Alabama Gulf Coast
This post may contain affiliate and/or sponsor links. As always, all opinions are our own